Our Approach to Sustainability
As a trusted leader in the industry, Hammer Packaging is committed to the sustainable health of our people, the planet and our company. We are dedicated to reducing, reusing and recycling all materials, supplies, waste and energy, and using renewable resources, when economically feasible, in the management of our business and fulfilling the needs of our customers.
Because of this ongoing dedication, our company has made tremendous strides in our environmental accomplishments, guiding our plan for sustainable growth.
- Total Material Recovered: 4355.1 Tons
- Landfill Reduction 23529.3 Cubic Yards
- Energy Saved: 38136620 kWh
- Carbon Dioxide Emission Reduction: 15199.6 Te CO2e
- Water Saved 82177790 Litres
- Oil (Petroleum) Saved: 22433.3 Barrels
- Trees Saved: 48001 Mature Trees
- Diversion Rate of 74%
It's our goal to reduce our economic footprint
- Use 50% less energy with implementation of UV and EB inks and coatings, as well as generate zero VCOs
- Our conventional sheetfed inks are formulated from naturally renewable content
- Shift to direct-to-plate eliminated the use of film
- Offer 20% post-consumer waste on select paper; 10% on set-strength paper
- Transitioned to inline sheeting to use less energy and materials
- Lowered energy and materials costs through facility consolidation
- Transitioned to vertical roll delivery on our most popular white BOPP film, eliminating end boards and skids on this material
We've made recycling a company-wide priority.
- All computer equipment (office and home)
- R&D efforts to produce more environmentally friendly label solutions, such as floatable film, or Shrink Sleeve recycling
Innovation is at the core of Hammer Packaging. We believe that in order to be innovative, we must also be sustainable, and therefore encompass the principles above. We remain focused on these initiatives as well as the continuous improvement of our environment.